Caring Professions & Educational Practice Assessor
Up to £11,975 per annum
Permanent, 14.8 hours per week – working Tuesday and Friday or 5 mornings per week.
Due to our growth, we have an opportunity for an experienced Assessor to join our friendly close-working department. In this role you’ll recruit and be assigned a caseload of Learners for whom you’ll be responsible for their course assessment reviews ensuring they progress along the vocational standards required.
We need colleagues who can inspire and motivate our Learners along their career path and work in close partnership with our local community employers to deliver our high-quality, prestige training programs.
We are incredibly excited about progressing a merger with New College, Swindon from August 2020 which will extend the career opportunities for our learners and staff cohort. It’s a really great time to join us!
In this role you’ll need:
• To work with learners and their employers to ensure they are aware of the requirements of the Health and Social Care Apprenticeship.
• To provide support to the employer and make sure they are involved at all times in the training of the learner.
• To ensure all leaners are on target for completion and address any feedback with the apprentice and employer.
Qualification and Experience required:
• Assessor Award
• IV qualification
• Relevant Level 3 occupational/professional qualification within Early Years Sector
• Level 2 English and Maths (or equivalent) or commitment to gaining within 24 months of appointment
About Swindon College
Our top priority is the wellbeing of our community. We are monitoring the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and are continuing to follow the latest Government advice. To keep everyone as safe as possible, we have adjusted our recruitment process so all face-to-face interviews or assessments will now be conducted via conference video.
We will undertake an initial screening interview with you to help explain the role, our campus and to assess your potential fit.
Please be aware that initially, in the main this role will require some working from home but we’ll make sure you stay connected through and beyond your induction, via regular video team meetings, sessions with your mentor or learning coach and access to any support you may need from day one.
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
• 33 days annual leave (inclusive of all discretionary and bank holidays) pro rata
• Training and development to support in your role
Closing date: 7th August 2020
Interview date: Telephone Interviews to take place w/c 10th August 2020 and formal interviews to take place from 19th August 2020
An Application Form must be submitted if you wish to be considered for this post. Please note this vacancy may close sooner if sufficient applications have been received so please apply as soon as possible.
Swindon College is committed to embedding a culture which values diversity and ensures equality of opportunity. We take our safeguarding responsibilities seriously and promote the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff, applicants and customers to share this commitment.
This role is likely to involve working with under 18’s and/or vulnerable adults. Any appointment will be made subject to strict vetting and screening checks and our receipt of a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.