Art & Design Lecturer
Up to £34,500 pro rata
Up to 29.6 hours a week, permanent role
We have an exciting opportunity to join our successful Art and Design Department. We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, inspiring and motivational Art & Design Lecturer to teach across multiple levels ranging from Level 2 to HND. You’lll have excellent up-to-date knowledge and the experience, personality and desire to share your skills. We welcome applications from both experienced and newly qualified Lecturers as well as those looking to start their career in Lecturing.
We are particularly interested in candidates with specialist skills in Ceramics, but welcome applications from all Art and Design specialist backgrounds. We can offer a degree of flexibility with how we allocate the teaching hours, so please include details of how many hours you wish to work and when you are available to do this in your application.
In this role you’ll have:
• Experience of teaching, training or mentoring learners or apprentices,
• The ability to evaluate, assess and give feedback in a variety of ways to suit the students individual needs, and
• The ability to produce high quality schemes of work, lesson plans and be willing to work with peers to share and engage with best practice approaches
Qualification and experience required:
• A Level 5 Teaching Qualification (or the commitment to gain this qualification)
• Higher Degree (or equivalent) or relevant experience in the relevant discipline, and,
• A level 2 English and Maths qualification (or equivalent), or the willingness to secure these as you work
About Swindon College
Our top priority is the wellbeing of our community. We are monitoring the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and are continuing to follow the latest Government advice. To keep everyone as safe as possible, we have adjusted our recruitment process so all face-to-face interviews or assessments will now be conducted via conference video.
We will undertake an initial screening interview with you to help explain the role, our campus and to assess your potential fit.
Please be aware that initially, in the main this role will require some working from home but we’ll make sure you stay connected through and beyond your induction, via regular video team meetings, sessions with your mentor or learning coach and access to any support you may need from day one.
• Self-directed highly flexible working hours to support your work/life balance
• Access to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
• Training and development to support in your role
• 47 days annual leave (inclusive of discretionary and bank holidays)
• Wellbeing support including access to our market leading Employee Benefits Platform
How to apply:
Closing date: 17th June 2020
An Application Form must be submitted if you wish to be considered for this post. Please note this vacancy may close sooner if sufficient applications have been received so please apply as soon as possible.
Swindon College is committed to embedding a culture which values diversity and ensures equality of opportunity. We take our safeguarding responsibilities seriously and promote the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff, applicants and customers to share this commitment.
This role is likely to involve working with under 18’s and/or vulnerable adults. Any appointment will be made subject to strict vetting and screening checks and our receipt of a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Swindon College is committed to the advancement of Equality of Opportunity (ensuring everyone is treated fairly), the elimination of discrimination and the safeguarding and welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We welcome applications from all sections of the community